About the Gallivanting Goose?
We are a company that specialises in providing corporate team building activities for work, group adventures, and city exploration through our unique mobile scavenger hunts.
Our events, also known as ‘wild goose chase games’, take place in Cape Town, its surrounding towns, wine farms, in Johannesburg and other parts of South Africa where we can custom build according to your needs.
With a wealth of knowledge about the history and culture of these locations, our scavenger hunts are both entertaining and educational, offering a competitive experience that is tracked in real-time.
Participants work together as a team to complete challenges through our app, promoting creativity, teamwork, communication, strategy, and problem-solving skills.
- Deliver team building activities, group adventures or city exploration where everyone joins in and gets involved.
- Eliminate all the awkward moments and keep participants engaged, having a good laugh and stretching their brains. In this kind of environment you can start to build real connections and enjoy memorable team building activities for work.
- Honour your decision to take part by providing the best experience and making you the undisputed champion of your office!
- Provide a kick-butt platform for marketers, bosses, managers, attractions or brands to install knowledge in brains around their company values or practices, or deliver a message and information about their product in a unique and memorable way, to their targeted audience, through customised games.
- Most importantly, to help people connect in a very real and impressionable way – often with good laughter involved! We are social creatures after all.
Founded by Larissa Sparg in 2016, The Gallivanting Goose was created from a passion for travel, adventure, and people – not to mention a desire to see others having fun and connecting.
Larissa saw an opportunity to create a unique and engaging way for people to explore and learn about the cities they live in or visit, while also promoting teamwork, showing off the best of a landmark and building relationships.
Using her deep knowledge of some of South Africa’s very special places, history and culture as well as her love of a good laugh, Larissa developed mobile scavenger hunt games that incorporate elements of competition, problem-solving, and creativity, all while having fun and experiencing a sense of adventure.